The CCW Channel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Killing Fields...When to Carry

3 posters

Go down

Killing Fields...When to Carry Empty Killing Fields...When to Carry

Post  Citation Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:02 pm

Everyone here should know what a killing field is but just in case I will explain MY Definition of it.

A place like a Bar, Sporting event, parks, or any where that guns are not allowed. A place that your gun is not welcome and criminals know it.

I go to Hockey games that are posted 30.06, The post office, and a few other places and I lock my weapon in a safe that is under my seat.

Recently I went to a park for a bar b que cook off and they had a no guns or weapons sign on one of the entrances. I decided to go in anyway with my weapon. I had my 2 and 5 year old daughters with me and there were no armed guards, cops or security of any type. The sign was not a 30.06 and on another gate there was no signage.

After watching a clip about the Luby's shooting and the lady that had her mom and dad killed while she had a gun in the car that she could have used if it were legal to carry back then it got me to thinking.

I should carry my weapon every where except places with metal detectors or court houses. If I am going into a store and they have a sign of a J Frame revolver with a circle and a line through it I go in any way. After all I have a Glock not a J Frame. Same thing if the sign is a 1911. The weapon is concealed and if the owner does not like it all he can do is ask me to leave since it is not a legal sign.

When I go to hockey games at the Toyota Center here in Houston there are Police officers walking around and I feel safer. This is not the case every where you go that does not allow guns. When is the last time you went to the post office and seen an officer? Crooks know that these places are there and that is where I would go if I were them and were up to no good.

The question is when do you break the law for your safety? After all it is Concealed.

Do you Carry where you are not supposed to?

With the 2nd Amendment Who are they to tell us we have to be unprotected?

Why are there only 6 members of this AWESOME ASS FORUM???

Ok you do not have to answer that last Question but I have posted this forum on others with 150 views and did not get any new members out if it. Ohhh Well it is there loss.

Have a Great Day, Stay Safe and never go naked!
Citation
In GLOCK we TRUST!!!
jocolor
Citation
Citation
Admin

Back to top Go down

Killing Fields...When to Carry Empty Hmm...

Post  Hannibal Lecter Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:53 am

My Dear Friend,

While I generally make a concerted effort to obey the law, I will admit that I uphold the spirit of the law if not always the letter of same.

I typically do not carry into the Post Office - not worth the potential hassle.

That being said, I always carry into banks, regardless of whether or not they're posted. As you mentioned, worst-case they ask you to leave.

I have always made it a point to seek out entrances to places like malls where they have forgotten to post a "no weapons" sign. It is not unusual, in fact, for businesses to miss posting at every entrance, much to my amusement.

Thankfully in WV there are VERY few places where carry is off-limits. In fact, I can't remember the last time I saw a "no weapons" sign except for the Post Office, Courthouse and Banks.

In Glock We Trust Indeed, My Friend; G19 in a Crossbreed Supertuck with a spare mag offside. Very Happy

--------
Hannibal
Hannibal Lecter
Hannibal Lecter

Back to top Go down

Killing Fields...When to Carry Empty Re: Killing Fields...When to Carry

Post  Crazy K38 Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:27 am

unless it is a federal building they can go to hell in my openion. if I am not carrying then I am at risk and these people arn't putting me at risk
Crazy K38
Crazy K38
Admin

https://theccwchannel.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Killing Fields...When to Carry Empty Thats what I am talking about

Post  Citation Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:38 am

Amen to That!!! d a friend yesterday ask me not to carry my gun at his house. I said ok I will not....come over anymore. I am closer to my gun and my life than I am any one else.
Citation
Citation
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Crazy K38 Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:56 pm

that is how I feel, and I won't change that
Crazy K38
Crazy K38
Admin

https://theccwchannel.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Killing Fields...When to Carry Empty Safety

Post  Citation Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:14 pm

It is not that I do not feel safe there it is that I feel Safer with my gun.

Most of the time when I am there we are outside as a large family and he tells me he has a gun in his room. Woopty Doo. If something happened and he went and got his gun (Given the Opportunity...Haha) then it becomes pre meditated Murder instead of self defense. I think I will stick to having it on me.
Citation
Citation
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down