The CCW Channel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GSSF Competition

2 posters

Go down

GSSF Competition Empty GSSF Competition

Post  Citation Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:26 pm

I finally went to a GSSF competition on 4-10-10. This being my 1st ever competition I did not know what to expect.
The match started at 2pm in Conroe Texas. I have to give it up to Shooters Station. The range was super clean and I was impressed. The sales staff were really friendly and super helpful. Check them Out!!! http://www.shootersstation.net/

Any Who, this is an Indoor GSSF Tournament that you have to shoot at least 2 of the 3 courses of fire. We shot the short course this time which consisted of the following. We used a tombstone target at 3 yards, 10 shots in 15 seconds. Then the target gets moved to 5 yards with the same 10 shots in 15 seconds. The target gets replaced and tallied up. A new Tombstone Target goes up and you do 3 more strings with 10 shots in 15 seconds at 7, 10, and 15 yards. Easy right? Really close to the CHL Class I had to take. That target comes down and gets added to your 1st target.
Perfect score is a 500.
I scored a 460 which I was happy with considering it was my 1st competition ever and the nerves were working some overtime. My score got me to thinking. I carry for self defense and I shoot for combat accuracy, but here I am trying to shoot nice tight groups in the X ring. I do like tight groups but I am not a “Target Shooter.” I had to remind myself why I went in the first place though. To add some stress to my shooting. By this I mean to add a sense of urgency which in this sport is the clock. I believe that you fight like you train and I want to train to win.

I believe that I will do better on the next match with is the 2nd weekend in May. I am going to keep doing it and try to win me a Glock but most of all I am going to keep getting the training and experience. I will let you all know how well the next one goes.

Here is a Link to the GSSF Website if any one is interested
http://www.gssfonline.com/

Stay Safe, Shoot Straight and Never leave the House Naked
“In GLOCK we TRUST”
Citation
Citation
Citation
Admin

Back to top Go down

GSSF Competition Empty Re: GSSF Competition

Post  Crazy K38 Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:07 pm

hell do it to win me a glock! lol, sounds like you had some fun, and that is the biggest part, i am thinking of getting into some shooting sports when I get this new project down, if you are wondering what project check the leather holster section
Crazy K38
Crazy K38
Admin

https://theccwchannel.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

GSSF Competition Empty GSSF Round 2

Post  Citation Tue May 18, 2010 10:37 pm

The time has come and gone for Round 2 of my GSSF Competition. I was much more relaxed this time and had a ball. We shot at 25 yards and my hits on target surprised me. They were quite nice except for 1 but hell I will call that the warning shot.

I scored a 426/500 and I am now at 886/1000. Definitely the best considering some of the veterans of this sport are at the 1,000 but I am having fun.

I have 1 more shoot next month and then they will drop the lowest score since I will have shot at 3 of 3. From my understanding they do a drawing for the pistols so I may have a chance to get one. Hell there are only 11 people in this competition.

I want the G27. Then I will have the 3 .40cals that I want.

Any Who
Keep Your Heads on a Swivel and
Your Hands off Your GUNS…
(Military Gun? You Know Full Metal Jacket)

Citation lol!
Citation
Citation
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Crazy K38 Fri May 21, 2010 12:37 am

sounds like good shooting! keep us posted on your shoot and post some action pics! we can never have too many pics!
Crazy K38
Crazy K38
Admin

https://theccwchannel.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum