The CCW Channel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poor Revolvers

3 posters

Go down

Poor Revolvers Empty Poor Revolvers

Post  Citation Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:32 pm

Sorry guys but the revolver did not have any post and I did not want it to be left out. I have shot several but they never tickled my fancy. Now I would like to get one but I only like S&W's for wheel guns. I would get it as a B.U.G. What do you recomend and what caliber?
Citation
Citation
Admin

Back to top Go down

Poor Revolvers Empty Revolvers...

Post  Hannibal Lecter Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:53 am

My Dear Friend,

Revolvers are close to my heart - they are robust, practically idiot-proof, and excepting a catastrophic failure they always go bang when the trigger is pressed.

My personal favorite of all of those I have ever owned was a Colt Python, 4" barrel, Royal Colt Blue finish, chambered in .357 Magnum. It was the gun that taught me to shoot.

The only revolver currently in my stable is a Smith and Wesson Model 36 .38 Special, blue finish, 2" barrel (OK - so it's technically 1 7/8").

As a back-up-gun I would recommend anything from Smith and Wesson, so long as it is a J-Frame 5-shot chambered in .38 Special +P or .357 Magnum. If weight isn't an issue, you might also consider the Ruger SP101 chambered in .357 Magnum. I suggest loading any of these diminutive guns with .38 Special +P loads rather than full-blown .357 Magnum loads. What you will lose in stopping power you will gain in controllability for follow-up shots if necessary.

The S&W 442 and 642 are my favorites - they are often referred to as "Centennial" versions and have fully-enclosed hammers to prevent snagging on clothing when drawn from concealment.

--------
Hannibal
Hannibal Lecter
Hannibal Lecter

Back to top Go down

Poor Revolvers Empty Re: Poor Revolvers

Post  Crazy K38 Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:51 pm

honestly a 638 is an ugly little gun but perfect in terms of what it was designed for, the humpback on the 'bodyguard' frame is designed as a non snagging hammer shield, so you will get the draw %150 of the time, but still have the SA option if you want it, personally I hated the looks but they grew on me, a pic of mine is in the link

https://2img.net/h/i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af343/Crazy_k38/PICT0542.jpg
Crazy K38
Crazy K38
Admin

https://theccwchannel.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Poor Revolvers Empty Re: Poor Revolvers

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum