The CCW Channel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your Back Up Gun?

5 posters

Go down

What is your Back Up Gun? Empty What is your Back Up Gun?

Post  Crazy K38 Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:56 pm

I personally think you can't go wrong with a snub nose revolver as a back up gun, because when you have to use it it means you are in a bad spot and your primary has gone wrong, so you can't afford to have another one fail, the beauty of the snub is that when you pull the trigger it goes bang everytime, no jams no failures, I carry a S&W model 638, yeah the hump isn't attractive at first but when you have to draw it and it doesn't catch on anything ever, and you get to keep the single action trigger pull it becomes really pretty! So what do you carry as a back up? Click the link to see her!

https://2img.net/h/i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af343/Crazy_k38/PICT0542.jpg
Crazy K38
Crazy K38
Admin

https://theccwchannel.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

What is your Back Up Gun? Empty Re: What is your Back Up Gun?

Post  Phil 386 Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:37 am

I currently don't have a BUG, though I'm saving for one. I'll probably get something in .380 though there are a few tiny 9mm's I'm very interested in. All depends on when the funds come together.

Phil 386

Back to top Go down

Post  Crazy K38 Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:34 am

I think Citation is making me want a G30 or a G36 to replace my little J-frame! Shocked lol but I think you can't go wrong with a sub compact in 9mm, I just like the .45 ACP round
Crazy K38
Crazy K38
Admin

Back to top Go down

What is your Back Up Gun? Empty Kel-Tec P32...

Post  Hannibal Lecter Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:02 am

My Dear Friends,

My backup is a Kel-Tec P32, though I will occasionally carry it as a primary in places where a Glock 19, even if legal, might be considered socially unacceptable if discovered (printing, etc.).

From time to time I'll also manage to "borrow" my S&W Model 36 from my wife and carry it as a backup.

--------
Hannibal
Hannibal Lecter
Hannibal Lecter

Back to top Go down

Post  Crazy K38 Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:43 pm

you really can't go wrong with a S&W snub especially that Chief of 'your wife's' lol
Crazy K38
Crazy K38
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveMy1911 Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:01 pm

My backup would be my trusty Sig P230 (.380 ACP), while I'm sure you can guess my primary (see username). Very Happy

LoveMy1911

Back to top Go down

What is your Back Up Gun? Empty My New BUGS

Post  Citation Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:25 pm

Ohhh Yeah Citation Got a BUG!!! I just ordered the Sig Sauer P238 .380ACP, T-Tone, Fixed Sights, SAO for a BUG!!! Very Sweet! I also have a Glock 27 on the way for Free Ninty Free. Go GSSF!! Now I will have the three common sized Glocks (27, 23, and 22) Wow Getting dressed will be so fun hmmmm what gun to wear today? Shucks I am going to need some new holsters. If only I knew where to get them. lol! I will have to get me a SMEDLEY!!!
Citation
Citation
Admin

Back to top Go down

What is your Back Up Gun? Empty SIG P238

Post  Citation Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:25 am

I have shot and carried it and I am ready to tell you about it.
This firearm is fantastic!!!
I carried this Sig in a pocket holster for 4 months and it just disappears, Both from sight and mind. You forget that you have a gun on you. I would switch my wallet to my weak side and put the Sig in my normal wallet pocket. If I wanted to run to the store at night but did not want to put on clothing with pockets I would carry it in my waist in the same holster.

I tried to wear it in a holster shirt but I had issues with that. The gun would slip down into the holster and almost fell out while I was working. That was not cool. Specially since I was in a “killing field”.
I recently bought a CrossBreed Mini Tuck Holster for it. If you have read my other post you know that I Love my CrossBreed holsters.
http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/IWB/tabid/56/CategoryID/1/List/0/Level/1/ProductID/6/Default.aspx?SortField=ProductName%2cProductName This goes really well with tighter clothing like dress pants or the pants that my fat self is growing out of. Since the Sig is so much smaller than my Glock 23 it disappears even with a tucked in shirt with no slack.
I have decorated my Sig with some carbon fiber grips. I liked the other grips but they got dirty really easy. I like the look and feel of the new grips.
I would totally recommend this Firearm to anyone. For primary carry when it is all that you can carry or for a “BUG”.

What is your Back Up Gun? Dscn0714

Citation
Sometimes God Trust SIG too

Citation
Citation
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum